Thursday, June 29, 2017

Kids Cooking Spring Colored Hardboiled Eggs

Kids Cooking Spring Colored Hardboiled Eggs


I found this idea for colored hard boiled eggs on pinterest and wanted to test it out with my daughters before using it with my preschool group this week for snack.  It was a lot of fun and my daughters loved the results. 


I hard boiled the eggs ahead of time (and prepared some for the preschool group as well).  After they were shelled we cut them in half and removed the yolk.  Next,  my daughters chose what colors they wanted (two each) and we prepared the glasses of water.



Some drops of food coloring, a teaspoon of cider vinegar and water was all that was needed.  After we stirred it in the glass, my daughters dropped in one half of the egg in each color.  It only took a few minutes before the eggs were colored.  While we waited we prepared the deviled yolk.




We used our fancy frosting decorating pen to put the deviled yolk back in the egg.  Pretty and fun!
We will do this activity this week for snack in the preschool room.  I know everyone will love it.

Available link for download