Monday, June 19, 2017

Kids Clothes Week Sewalong February 2016 Toys!

Kids Clothes Week Sewalong February 2016 Toys!


kids clothes week 

Woo hoo! The Kids Clothes Week sewalong/challenge is here again and starts TOMORROW! I bowed out of taking part last time (October 2015) bcause I was eyeball-deep in working on my Anya shoulder bag pattern, but this one couldnt have come at a better time. Today I sewed the final stitches of some window display sample garments for the Village Haberdashery, and with no other personal sewing projects currently on the go, Im free to indulge my love of making stuff for Dolores all week.

As you may or may not already know, the rules of Kids Clothes Week are incredibly simple: you just have to sew kids clothing for one hour each day for a week. This seasons challenge is Toys, but you can take or leave the theme as you wish. As usual, they have offered some great ideas (like these) on how you may find inspiration in the theme.

  kids clothes week

So what are my sewing plans for next week? Umm, Im not sure! Ive been doing a bunch of quick scrap-busting projects for Dolores recently (like these shorts and these sweatshirts, plus others that have yet to be blogged), so I think I may take a different tack and work on slightly more time-consuming projects that use some larger pieces of fabric from my stash. 

What about you? Are you taking part this season? If so, are you incorporating the theme? Either way, what was your favourite ever kids clothing sewing project, if youve made one? 

Available link for download