Sunday, February 19, 2017

Kitchen Goodies Swap Sent and Received

Kitchen Goodies Swap Sent and Received


k14

Thank you so much for all of you for lovely and
sweet comments and emails about us moving to Japan!
We still dont know exactly when we will be moving,
but I started packing up just a little and am already
overwhelmed. Ive moved a lot in the past 10
years (Gunma -> Tokyo -> Seattle ->San Jose), but
this is definitely going to be the most hectic moving ever
because we have SO many things accumulated in last 8 years
including my TWO sewing machines (I bought a new one
recently which turned out to be much cheaper in Japan
because the manufacturer (Janome) is Japanese.)
And of course lots and lots of fabric, including a lot of
them I just brought from my last trip to Japan. Sure,
I am not the best decision maker ever. lol


k13

Anyways, I wanted to share with you what Ive sent
as a part of Kitchen Goodies Swap Id joined as well
as what Ive received from my secret partner!


k11

This is one of the linen kitchen towels I made for
my partner. The linen used is really cool. It was
sold as "Pre-double-washed", so I didnt have to
launder it. Woohoo! And I just love how it looks and feels.


k5

I picked fabrics based on my partners preference.
I wish I could share with you what her preference was
like but she hasnt received my package yet, so I
dont want to ruin a surprise in case she reads this post.


k3

This is a little extra I whipped up very quickly to go with
the linen towels. I hope she will be able to use this one to
hold some little things at her kitchen.


k9

Another linen kitchen towel. Ever since I found
this linen and cotton blend fabric, I thought it
would make a nice linen towel, so Im glad I
actually made a towel with it.


k2

Although I dont think it was the greatest decision to
buy my new Janome sewing machine right before going
to Japan, Im really glad that I got to learn about
a lot of different types of feet at the sewing machine
store. This salesperson spent one hour showing me
how to use some feet that I didnt know were existing,
which made me squeal like a little kid at a candy shop.
This very narrow rolled hem was done with a 4mm hemmer foot
which creates professional-looking double folded hem so easily.
Oh how I enjoyed using the foot to do this! Ive been
crazy about learning what other kinds of feet are out there ever since.




Let me share with you what I got from the swap also.
Try your best not to be jealous although it might be hard.

Kitty placemat KGS
Photo originally uploaded by sonjaartsania

Can you believe Sonja read my entire blog to research
my likes to make a set of placemats for Joe and me?!
When I first saw this picture on flickr, I was like
"Oh My! Please Please Please come to me!" Then the next
second I realized the cat reminds me of my cat Oto
in Japan so much. If youve read my blogposts about
my latest trip to Japan and you like cats, you might
recall this photo I shared here to introduce him.

5

So I became very sure that it was coming my way.
You have no idea how thrilled I was. The night I discovered
this photo, I couldnt sleep well because I was overly excited.
How sweet of her to think of me like this.. I am so touched!


sushi placemat
Photo originally uploaded by sonjaartsania

And this is another placemat she made with paper-pieced
sushi which is Joes favorite food!!! And to share with
you my selfish aspect, these are the only three different
kinds of sushi I can eat - cooked eggs, cooked shrimp,
and rolls, so it was really thrilling to see these three!
Joe eats any kinds of sushi, so he is as happy as I am.

I must have annoyed Sonja by shooting three long emails
explaining why I love these placemats so much, but I
just couldnt help it.

I usually hesitate to join a swap just because I tend to be
way too intimidated by the thought that I may not be able to
make something that would satisfy my partner. And also,
deadlines for swaps come too fast in general. But after receiving
Oto and sushi placemats made my lovely Sonja, I am determined
that I should join more swaps from now on. Sure it scares me,
but look what great things you might receive in return!

Oh in case you want to make your Oto or sushi,
remember to check out Sonjas pattern shop.
They are coming soon.. :)


Thank you for taking the time to read this!
Have a great day!




Available link for download